Tuesday, February 21, 2012

"Come On Baby, Give Me A Kiss... Stop Writing Everything Down..."

Brand new Balkan Beat Box LP.
SCROLL DOWN BELOW THE PLAYLIST
FOR THE LYRICS TO THE EPIC OLD SCHOOL PARTY CALL
BUSY BEE'S GROOVE!

The Snark playlist for TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 21, 2012.
(Artist/SONG/Album, etc.)

Balkan Beat Box -- INTRO (TASTE OF WHERE I'M FROM) -- Give (2012, Nat Geo)
Phoenecia -- DOGNESS -- Demissions (2011, DETUND)
Destroy All Monsters -- NOBODY KNOWS -- Bored (1999)
Willie Rosario -- CALYPSO BLUES -- Boogaloo Pow Wow: Dancefloor Rendez-Vous In Young Nuyorica (2006, Honest Jon's Records)
Wiley -- THIS IS JUST AN ALBUM -- Evolve Or Be Extinct (2012, Big Dada)
The Chieftains, feat. Imelda May -- CAROLINA RUA / REEL: THE LADIES PANTALETTES -- Voice of Ages (2012, Hear Music)
Andre Williams -- HOT COFFEE -- Nightclub (2011, Pravda)
Efan -- 1980 -- Electro-Lava (2008, Efan)
LiLiPUT -- WIG-WAM -- LiLiPUT / Kleenex: 1978-83 (Kill Rock Stars)
Jackie Mittoo -- CHAMPION OF THE ARENA -- Champion In The Arena: 1976-77 (2003, Blood & Fire)
God Made Me Funky -- TOO SHY -- Enter The Beat (2008, New Empire)
A Place To Bury Strangers -- DRILL IT UP -- Onwards To The Wall (2012, Dead Oceans)
Aline Morales -- UN CHEIRO QUE ARREPIA -- Flores, Tambores, E Amores (2011, Aline Morales)
Leonard Cohen -- DIFFERENT SIDES -- Old Ideas (2012, Columbia)
Busy Bee -- BUSY BEE'S GROOVE -- The Sugar Hill Records Story (1999, Rhino/WEA) [orig.1985]
Old Man Luedecke & Lake Of Stew -- MONSANTO JONES -- Sing All About It (2011, Noise Trade)
Vinicius Cantuária -- CORRE CAMPO -- Sol Na Cara (1996, Gramavision)
Amerigo Gazaway -- STAKES IS HIGH -- Fela Soul (2011, Gummy Soul)
Big Sugar -- COME A LITTLE CLOSER... NOW COME! -- Revolution Per Minute (2011, Bread & Water)
Wilton "Bogey" Gaynair -- WILTON'S MOOD -- Alpha Boys School: Music In Education 1920-2006 (2006, Sanctuary)

Thanks for listening!

Click to listen -- straight to the CJAM archive.
(Link is live for about 4-6-8 weeks from original broadcast date.)

Sing along!

BUSY BEE'S GROOVE!

Two weeks ago, at the place to be
They were standing in line to see the Busy Bee
I pulled up in the curve in the ‘98
Then I rushed inside so we won’t be late
The party was packed, well, you couldn’t even move
Now everybody’s rocking to the Busy Bee’s groove!
Busy Bee!  Busy Bee!
Everybody clap hands, stomp your feet!
Clap hands, stomp your feet!
Hey y’all! From coast to coast, and from land to land
As the super-fly brother, with the master plan
With the beat that’s unique to sound real sweet
To make you party to the rhythm seven days a week
Yes, it’s true that dreams can come through
If it happened to me it can happen to you
So let’s get up on our feet, let our fingers pop
Because Busy Bee’s just about ready to rock
Ha! Uh!
Now y’all heard the rest and y’all ready to go
With the baddest in hi-fi stereo
So just groove to the rhythm, while you groove to the beat
And you wanna hear this record every day of the week
Because the sound that you hear, so def to your ears
So have no fear, Busy Bee is here!
Uh! Ow!
Busy Bee!
I met a young lady that fainted on the scene
She want she win the lotto, that was always her dream
People gathered around, and ask did she move?
Then she jump back to life to a Busy Bee’s groove
Busy Bee make you dance, scream, and shout
That’s what the Busy Bee is all about
So before I go and before I quit,
I’m gonna gi’ you some more of this Busy Bee hit!
Hey y’all, one day I hit the number and it must be told
Oh I won a million dollars and ten bags of gold
I took a lady shopping as I played the role
Of a rich millionaire twenty-two years old
I called the daily news and then I told the pope
You shoulda heard me on the phone as I began to boast,
Man, they hung up the phone, rushed to the scene
Just to interview me in that same limousine
A six door Cadillac, TV and bar,
A space antennae at the back of the car
I tore the streets all through the night
But to hang with Busy Bee ya got ta be all right
Said winter, spring, after that come fall
Anytime you ready just gimme a call
We’ll talk about the birds and the bees
And the way I check the house for you young ladies
I was raised in the sun, strong as a ox
Slim, trim, fine as the fox
But right about this time, I just want y’all to know
I choose the life that they call the disco
So get up on your feet, let your fingers pop
It’s Busy Bee’s here and I’m ready to rock, oh!
Uh!
And I rock New York City, all years around
And my name is known all over the town
People here love the way I run my game
They can’t wait to see me make the Hall Of Fame
And Busy Bee is my name and that’s a fact
And you can’t beat that with a stickball bat
Young ladies: rock the house
And to all the fly guys: rock the house
And you dance and you dance and don’t quit
Coz the music’s designed to be a rock hit
Just ooh ah!  
Uh ooh uh ooh ah!  
Ooh ah uh uh!
Said there’s a place where the ranch boys go
To get a little cheeky, to get gus go
But in order to you to come in our spot
Ya gotta own three girls, a mansion and a yacht
And then you come inside and beat the stride
You gotta bet cash money to keep the game alive
You couldn’t stay on your feet from 9 to 5
Because the boys of the ranch don’t take no jive
Uh ah uh uh ah ah!
Uh ah uh uh ah ah!
Uh ah uh uh uh ah ah!
Uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh!
DJs, radio stations all over the nation
Take this record out ya cover wi’out a hesitation
It’s a gift from me, and the studio in the sky
Put it on the turntables and you’ll a-know why
The B-U-S-Y the B-E-E’s
The man rocks the house, most definitely
And he floats like a butterfly, sting like a bee
He’s not the latest, he’s the greatest
And they call him Busy Bee!
You don’t care if I’m the one
Because all you wanna do is have some fun
So put your hand on your hip, I’ll make your backbone slip
Put the pedal to the metal, feet with the beat
And get down, stop that messin’ around
Coz Chief Rocker-Biz-Bee is in your town
Clap your hands, do the freak dance
Become a victim of circumstance
Because everybody rocks when Busy Bee is down
Come alive y’all, come on!
Busy Bee, Busy Bee Busy Bee Busy Bee Busy Bee
That’s right, I’m takin’ them all out, all bums
All MCs that are bums, I’m taking them all out
I’ll straighten them out
You got a problem MC? You?
I’ll straighten them out
Doctor?  You got a problem?
I’ll straighten them out
I’ll straighten them all out
Busy Bee!
Busy Bee! 
Oh!
Fresh!

lyric by Busy Bee Starski, 1985.
(a.k.a  Chief Rocker Busy Bee, a.k.a. David Parker)
It should be safe to say that the musicians were Doug Wimbish, Skip McDonald, and Keith LeBlanc, but there may have been others, and various combinations, etc.
More research is always necessary!  I'll keep digging.
(These lyrics were transcribed by me, so if you spot any errors or have a better interpretation, please leave a comment so I can correct the mistakes. Thanks!)

No comments:

Post a Comment